An easy, delicious soup to enjoy on a brisk evening. 6 servings.
- 6 cups frozen corn kernels (broken into 2 parts), thawed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups LDF milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano salt
- 1 – 4 oz. can diced green chilies pepper
- 2 cups Tillamook Colby Jack Shredded Cheese
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes (about 3 medium tomatoes), scalded, peeled and diced.
Purée 4 cups of corn and the chicken broth in a food processor. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low and add the puréed corn and remaining 2 cups of corn to the butter. Add garlic, oregano and milk, and stir. Salt and pepper to taste.
Add the diced chilies and increase heat to bring the soup to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and add the cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and blended. Do not allow to boil. To serve, place 1 tablespoon of diced tomatoes in the bottom of a cup or bowl and top with soup.
Mooo News, September 2017